• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hidden form fields problem. How can I make it more secure.

Jan 28, 2013 Jan 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The payment page on our website is passing credit card information into a conformation page as form variables.  The credit card company requires us to pass all of these form variable to their site for validation.

we pass these form variable using hidden field such as this : <cfinput type="hidden" name="CCNo" value="#Form.CCNo#">

The problem is, when I did view source from my browser, I could see all of the credit card information. I'm sure this need to be changed immediately but

I can't think of a way to make this transaction more secure.

I seems that he credit card company wanted us to pass all of these information as form variables.  Is there ways to make passing form variable secure, where users can't see the values from view source??

Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2013 Jan 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't cache the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mind elaborate a bit more?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think seeing the information from "View Source" is an issue - the only information a user would be able to view is their own.

Now, transmitting to the company - THAT needs to be secure.  As long as the data is being POSTED (not GET) from a form via SSL (httpS), it should be secure.

Unless, like Dan, I'm not understanding the question as you have put it.

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree! I was thinking the same thing but not sure until someone said it. It's been moved to https and I also added Dan' suggestion. From the net I found the following and I think I'm done. Thank you everyone!

<cfheader name="expires" value="#now()#">

<cfheader name="pragma" value="no-cache">

<cfheader name="cache-control" value="no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation