Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how can I activate my computer?

Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been trying for 3 days to activate my laptop (Vista op system) for Adobe Digital Editions.  When I enter my Adobe ID and password, I always encounter this error:  "Activation Server error code: E_AUTH_NOT_READY."   Would like to be able to transfer books to my Nook but can't get past this first step.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your system time and date settings. A lot of these errors occur due to invalid time settings and the server things you are trying to activate a license that logically could not yet exist. Conversely check your Nook and verify the validity of your keys. In case of doubt it may help to do a firmaware reset and reinitilaize the device.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The date and time that appears on my laptop are correct for my time zone (Mountain). Is there somewhere else I need to set the time to correct the problem? Thank you very much for trying to help; I’m ready to tear my hair out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 30, 2013 Jan 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I read your first post, you can't even activate ADE on the computer, you haven't had the chance to try the Nook yet?

Normally I'd say keep trying, but 3 days seems enough ....

Try disabling your firewall temporarily during registration and see if that helps.

Try with ADE v1.7.2 instead of V2.0. It is more reliable in various ways.

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editio ns.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 30, 2013 Jan 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right, no chance for the Nook yet. I’d disabled my firewall for installation but not for activation of my laptop, so I’ll try that. And then version 1.7 if that doesn’t work. The link came out right in this email. Thank you for the suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 03, 2013 Feb 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, sjpt! I had a chance this morning to uninstall Adobe Digital 2.0 and instead install version 1.7.2 and when I clicked on register computer, I was told it’s authorized and – now so is my Nook. Guess my old Vista operating system just couldn’t handle the most recent version. YorkieMom1951

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines