Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Authorize my Trekstor e-Book Reader

Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello...i can't connect to the activation server with digital editions (version 2.0.67532) to authorize my Trekstor e-Book Reader 3.0 with my Adobe-ID...is the server down? I've set an windows firewall exception but it still doesn't work...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using ADE v1.7.2 instead.  ADE2.0 has bugs with quite a few ereaders.

These tend to be worst when using Overdrive library books, but seem to prevent any registration for some devices.

I hadn't hear of the Trekstore before, so I don't know if it will help with that.

If that works to perform the registration, it may be that you can use the registered device with ADE2.0, or it may be best just to stick with the older, more reliable version.

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

~~~~

Another possibility is that the Trekstore will not work unless you install the Trekstore software.

My wife's Sony is like that; enen though we don't use the Sony software we needed to install it to get the appropriate driver on the PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, but it also doesn't work with this older version...i cannot connect to the activation server, like i said...there's no problem with the driver...it seems to me that digital editions cannot connect to the internet, but i don't know why...i guess i changed nothing in windows...i get this error: E_ADEPT_IO Activate Error%20#2032

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking back ( http://forums.adobe.com/thread/315028 ), several people say this was resolved by changing their internet proxy.

Others say that downloading from Internet Explorer rather than Firefox or Chrome helped ~ seems extraordinarly, but several people found it helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks again for your help...now i can reach the activation server and everything works well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines