• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My CS6 Design and Web Premium Keeps asking to authenticate?

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are a four year college with an number of Macs (10.6.8) that I installed CS6 D&W Premium from the discs (ie the machine was not imaged) on each machine in July.  Everything has been fine until this new year. Sparadically thoughout my campus a machine will ask to be authenticated again and sometimes I even have to reinstall the serial number before I (or my students) can use the software.

Last week one classroom was "confirmed" as having a working Photoshop on each station but I have just had to authenticate 3 machines and one I had to install the serial number. This is very annoying, how can I stop it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dennis,

Do you have a volume License for CS6 D&W premium or Retail. Is it asking for Serial key.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have a volume license, and I also have a software key. It does not ask for a serial number each time. Sometimes it does but more often I have to log in with my adobe authentication. I also have sufficent licenses for my machines I dont double them up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On how many Machines you have Installed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please provide me the exact error you get for Authentication

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The exact wording Im not sure its something like "This Version of Photoshop needs to be authenticated" and you get the sign in screen. I will make a note of it next time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2013 Jan 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remote Desktop Picture.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2013 Jan 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Any clues why this is happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which application are you opening and what version of that application do you have installed?  Also when you do enter your Adobe ID and serial number is it accepted?  Do you receive this prompt everytime you open the Adobe Creative Software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff,

It only seems to happen in Photoshop. I just got that message again but the curious thing is that Bridge was already open?

The version of Photoshop is Version 13.0.3 x64

No it does not happen everytime, it is happening sparadically all over the campus without any logic as to why.

Yes the serial number works and is accepted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is a known issue with Photoshop 13.0.3 please update to Photoshop 13.0.4  You can download the update at http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=39&platform=Macintosh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2013 Feb 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff,

So I applied the update on Friday . This morning I have already had some machines need to be ready to be authenticated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2013 Feb 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of security software are you using?  If you create a new local administrator account and sign in on one of the affected computers are you still prompted to sign in again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2013 Feb 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got exactly the same problem in my school. On 17 mac with adobe cs6, photoshop keep asking to authenticate, even with the 13.0.4 version. And it's not only in photoshop but also with indesign, illustrator ...

And like Dennis, no logic at all, sometimes it work, sometimes it keep asking my ID, sometimes it need my serial number. All of this begin on January.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. (Staffordshire University) Lion-CS6-Mac. I still can't find a pattern...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I sympathize but Im glad its not just me!  I have heard of another local college that is also having the same problems.

This is my latest theory. I have only done this in one lab so far but... I logged in as an admin and ran the updates then some machines I would have to authenticate (pain in the neck in any event) and some I would have to put in the serial number, not all.

I then heard that the problem was still happening. So yesterday I went in a "test" lab launched Photoshop from each machine as a standard user and everything opened except one machine that I had to authenticate AND enter in the serial number. Now I have my fingers crossed for the one lab. So far so good... I will keep you updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines