• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE Authorization transfer question

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the process of migrating computers and have run into trouble migrating my ADE books purchased through the Kobo store.

I had downloaded these on a comupter using an older version of ADE which was never authorized (I wasn't aware it needed to be).  On my new computer, ADE requires authorization.  I would be happy to authorize the old libary, and wished I had done so from the start, as using the same email for authorization on different computers seems to be the way to go.  But when I go to do authorize my existing library on the old computer it warns me that my existing books may now become unreadable.

Just looking for advice on how to proceed.  Any help appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if this is possible using ADE.

There are apps such as epubee http://epubee.com

There are arguments on both sides about the legality of using such software;

as long as it is not used to circumvent the intent of the DRM it seems morally completely justified in cases there is no alternative solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the tip, but I'm actually looking for the legal solution to this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines