• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE 2.0 won't open. Message says "ADE 2.0 has stopped working"

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2013 Jan 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Adobe Digital Editions 2.0 for several weeks with no problems. But now the program won't open. When I click on the ADE icon a Microsoft Windowns message pops up in a box that reads "Adobe digital editions 2.0 has stopped working. Microsoft can check online for a solution." I clicked the 'Check for a solution' box and got no help. I uninstalled the program, restarted computer and reinstalled. The problem persists. My computer runs Windows Vista. When I click view detail programs I get this "Description:
  Stopped working
Problem signature:
   Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
   Problem Signature 01: digitaleditions.exe
   Problem Signature 02: 2.0.0.0
   Problem Signature 03: 5058357c
   Problem Signature 04: System.Configuration
   Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
   Problem Signature 06: 4889de74
   Problem Signature 07: 1a8
   Problem Signature 08: 4d
   Problem Signature 09: IOIBMURHYNRXKW0ZXKYRVFN0BOYYUFOW
   OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
   Locale ID: 1033

Any suggesgtions?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Heather

I reinstalled the older edtion 1.7.6 (I think) and I'm able to open it and see my books. But I'd like 2.0 back please!

Message was edited by: TheVeryHungryLibrarian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 27, 2013 Jan 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked what it says in http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/installing-digital-editions-20-windows.html ?

I think this is more about installation than running after installing, but ...???

I reverted to 1.7.2 because of other issues with v2.0; it has lots of bugs.

Did you want to use 2.0 because it is the latest, or is there some new feature in it you really want to use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2013 Jan 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SJPT, I saw that link before posting here. Thanks though. That link doesn't address my issue but it would have been helpful when I installed 2.0 and it took me two days to figure out that the reason I couldn't run the program because Windows was blocking it. They should put this link on the download page.

I liked the new interface of 2.0 but since I primarly read on my Droid phone using a third party app (Aldiko), I guess it really doesn't matter what version I use. Thanks for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue using Windows 7.  I can't uninstall/reinstall the program because it's my workstation and I don't have admin permissions. 

(I work at a public library & teach patrons how to use eBooks!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 30, 2013 Jan 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

mareelynn, see my post on the thread http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1142871?tstart=0  Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines