• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sorry, a serious error has occurred that requires Adobe Premiere Pro to shut down. We will attempt t

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2012 Sep 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do i do when this occurs?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More information needed for someone to help... click these links and provide the requested information

-http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

-http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416679

-http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419406

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you have seen John T's links, I would immediately go to Event Viewer (if on Windows), and check the System and Applications Tabs for error and warning messages, at the time of that error. Check each one out, and any that have links, they should be followed. It could be something like a low-level driver fritzing things up with the OS, and then PrPro. Often, one will find a link that even leads to the exact driver, if that is the case.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. How can I search for this on a mac.

I'm using the 27" iMac from 2011 with 12GB of Ram, the AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512MB graphics card on OS X 10.8.2.  Premiere Pro CS6 is crashing every 15 minutes while I'm looking through footage in my bin. Often after a few minutes of hover scrubbing if I double click a clip to access it in my source viewer the program will crash and eventually I'll get the serious error message.  The footage is RED RAW .rsd files on an external 3TB Lacie drive running eSata to a thunderbolt hub and thunderbolt into the iMac.

Any assistance is GREATLY appreciated. I have the crash report if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 09, 2012 Oct 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I'm having the same problem your having. Is it doing something like this?

My system is:

Processor  2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory  16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics  AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1024 MB / Intel HD Graphics 3000

Software  OS X 10.8.2 (12C60)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2012 Nov 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last House,

I too am having freezing and crashing issues with the same warning.  It never shuts down though, it just freezes and I must force quit.  It happens all the time.  This particular time (5 minutes ago) I was capturing video.  It seems that if the video footage I capture is longer than about 15 minutes, the program freaks.  If I make a box too big, it freaks.  If you move too quickly, it's not a happy prgoram.  I thought it was my computer (which is 2 months old)  so I purchased (altogether) 32 GB memory, completely erased my OS (same computer as yours) as well as programs and re-installed and updated them.  It's not our computer and it's not our behavior beause capturing is capturing, and scrubbing is scrubbing.    I believe this is a buggy program and the best thing we can do is tread lightly.  Move slowly.  Save often.   Oh, and the additional memory did seem to help.  It's not expensive and worth a try.  Plus, a condescending attitude toward PP during editing helps minimize crashes) Also watch your storage.

good luck to you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2012 Nov 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply!  I discovered that the culprit was, in fact, my eSata HD which I had running through an adaptor in order to connect via thunderbolt. The latency caused by this setup was causing problems. 

I returned my Lacie eSata drive and the Lacie thunderbolt adaptor and went with a straight thunderbolt drive and now premiere is rock solid. No crashes since.  Is it possible that your hard drive is simply not fast enough to allow ingestion of large amounts of info?

Thanks again for the response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last House,

I'm a total new Mac user, and one of the things I've been told is that I can't really change anything except to up my memory, which I did.  (My iMac is a 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB memory)  So, are you saying what I need to do is get an external HD and put my projects and data there?    I'm confused about the thunderbolt versus just any hard drive since I see different brands of "thunderbolt" in my google search.  I don't quite understand.

I'm totally into doing that if that's what I need to do.  I want to make it huge as well, like 4TB. I think they make one like that.  I just don't want to buy the wrong thing.  I bought a 2 TB external that I formatted on the mac to use with both PC and Mac, that has suddenly decided I can't write to from the Mac.  I figure I might as well just get a dedicated Mac drive, and if I need to transfer to the PC, use a WD 1TB that I have that doesn't seem to have issues.  (It's a FAT format). 

Thank you!

N

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on the mac you can get upgrades. The power macs are very easy to customize, because of the nature of the housing for things like imacs and mac minis there are limited options for upgrades.

32gb is plenty to operate Premiere smoothly.  If you are using footage that is stored on your actual computer I'm not sure why it's crashing, but in general l it's smart to store footage externally.

Thunderbolt is the name of the cable, like firewire. I had already bough external harddrives that had eSata ports which I was hoping to utilize since they are much faster than firewire so I tried the adaptor to convert the signal to thunderbolt but the latency problem that resulted from this made premiere dodgy.

A straight thunderbolt connection is ideal. WD has some options with thunderbolt ports if that's a company you like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2012 Nov 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same crash situation on Mac Pro 12 core with internal raid and mac raid card.  Dual boot 10.6.8 and 10.7.5 encounter the same crashes.  Have blasted Pram, prefs, caches, permissions, done it all, helps for a while, then the crashes start again. Editing native P2 1080p. Spent 3 hours sharing my desktop w. Adobe today and they appear to be stumped. Thankfully I am not losing content, just time, patience and hair.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2012 Nov 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Last House.  I will, in keeping with my M.O. make the purchase.  Whatever it takes in my attempt to make this program work. (I have had all good with WD)

IdrtvEditor,  spent an afternoon with the computer take-over as well and they didn't know what was wrong.  One thing I found is that I can't trust that a capture has actually completed.  I looked all through my files, knowing that I had captured this particular segment of the reception. Started to freak out and then realized It had.  The first one minute and a half of it.  The same thing happened while adobe support was in the computer.  He had no idea, and simply suggested that I only capture small portions of film at a time.  Easy to say if your not capturing real time wedding ceremony footage and syncing 3 angles. 

Just now, I came in and opened a project, and a totally new warning I haven't seen before came on the screen. /Users/(path of project name etc.)  Audio Filter missing: Internal Volume Mono.    This is really getting scary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2013 Jan 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an example of what was happening to me:

I don't know if the problem I had was the same thing you're dealing with, but I spent a good chunk of my afternoon doing a computer take-over as well, and while the dude didn't seem to completely know what was going on, his best guess was to repair my computer's permissions in Disk Utility. After we did that, I had some initial problems, so I didn't think it was fixed. But after that day, I haven't had a single problem with Premiere yet. That was about a week ago. Apparently I had some big issues with my computer's permissions that Adobe kept clashing with or something. He also suggested I get one of the nvidia cards that Adobe recommends, which I'll probably do when I'm not as poor.

I hope that helps.

2010 MBP i5 8GB RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks exactly like what happens to me. At a random moment, the error message then freeze.

The suggestions I have gotten from Adobe range from inapplicable to stupid.

And on principal I refuse to buy one of those grafix cards. I'd sooner (content removed - please do not make threats of any kind) saying that the card is an option and that the Freddy Mercury Playback Engine is great in the "Software Only" mode.  Yeah, for one track of DVCPRO HD, maybe 2 on a 12 core Mac Pro with 32gb of memory!!!!   I have already gone back to FCP7.

As a side note, I am a freelancer. To date no one is interested in my Pr skills or that I have it available. People I run into still want FCP7...apparently they are pretty smart.   Pr CS6 on OSX is a sad joke! And the tech support is even worse than Apple - and the — (content removed. Please do not disparage our employees).

IMHO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to hear all that man, I made the jump to Pr from FCP7 and love it so far (now that it's working). Have you tried your permissions? I doubt that's the problem everyone's running into, but it's worth a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Constantly having this problem as well. Is there a list of hardware issues that might cause this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for a list of hardware issues, I have no idea. This problem as far as I can tell, from this and other forums, is so varied. I'm probably sounding like a broken record, but for me it was repairing the permissions. It's been smooth sailing since then. But something tells me that the solution will be very different for many different people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

Since I bought my LaCie 4TB thunderbolt external, my worries have (mostly) gone away.  I think I had one crash since then, but I'm pretty sure I was just moving too fast for the 'brain'.  That happens a lot.  But seriously, I think space space space is super key with this program.  When I've used 3TB, I'll buy another 4. Otherwise, I can't figure out why things got better for no apparent reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2013 Jan 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I had this issue with PPro 6. I run a Mac 10.6.8.

I generally use a shared network drive to hold all of my  raw footage and media.

Since transferring my media to a local drive in my Mac, I have not encountered this issue.

I had to re-link all of the media in my project, but luckily it was all held in the same folder, so it was relatively easy.

Hope this helps.

-J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2013 Jan 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey guys, I had the same issue, everytime I tried to open a project or create a new one I got that same error.

I tried repairing permissions, and all of the other things lister here...Finally uninstalling and reinstalling Premiere did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines