Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing

Jan 04, 2007 Jan 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with an online manual using individual topics. I have a Welcome Page which displays all the individual topics for one to click on to see a particular manual. I use the same page everytime for each release of the manual. I have a manual that is currently listed on the welcome page and I need to delete that reference and add the new reference. Same project just a different version. I thought changing the project name I would be able to generate and republish. However, when I do this, the link online displays Page not found. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these "manuals" topics that are within the same project? If not, what and where are they?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several different individual projects. All of these project names have a place holder on the Welcome Page. For instance..

User Manual I Reports Miscellaneous Manuals

Demand Deposits 100s Rpts 7.8 Release Manual
Loans 200s Rpts Security Manual
Safe Deposit Box 300s Rpts

The Demand Deposits, Loans, etc. are individual projects. There is a 'link' to the manuals on the server to display on the intranet. The 7.8 Release Manual has changed since there is a new version, 8.0.

I hope this makes sense. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, the table did not come over correctly.

Several different individual projects. All of these project names have a place holder on the Welcome Page. For instance..

User Manual I

Demand Deposits
Loans
Safe Deposit Box

Reports

100s Rpts
200s Rpts
300s Rpts

Miscellaneous Manuals

7.8 Release Manual
Security Manual
Safe Deposit Box 300s Rpts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I almost forgot an important factor. The Welcome page is in a project of its own called the Welcome Project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so you have links in one project that point to other projects that are not part of a proper merge.

Then you updated one of the targets but did not change the filename of the start page of that target output. What you did do was change the text of the link but not the target. Correct so far?

If so, you must have changed something in the link itself. Have you looked at the true code in the Welcome project to see if that is correct? Have you checked that in the output file to make sure it is not being altered?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 05, 2007 Jan 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the changes in true code. From my understanding as long as the project was generated in any folder, all I needed to do was make the change to reflect the name of the new project. When I generated and publish, I have checked the path and it changes from _____ /Robo/BIN/Robo.dll?tpc=%2Frobo%2Fprojects%2F7_8_release_manual ___ to________ /Robo/BIN/Robo.dll?tpc=%2Frobo%2Fprojects%2F_launch 2FDoc2_home.htm&mgr=agm&project=8_0_Release_Manual -------*The lines and dashes preceeding and proceeding are not there, I had to put them in to keep everything from coming togehter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've lost me.

It's difficult to decipher that, try some paragraphs.

But what's all this /robo/bin/robo.dll stuff?

If what you are trying to show is the old and the new link, then the two seem very different. Can you make it clearer please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True code is
<p><b style="font-weight: bold;">Miscellaneous Manuals</b><a href=" http://fjajdfjdlfjsa.com/roboapi.asp?project=7_8_Release_Manual"><br>
7.0 Release Manual</a><a

The only thing I did was change the 7_8 to 8_0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently online (intranet) when I select 7.8 Release manual and it displays, in the path this is displaying

http://documentation.company.com/Robo/BIN/Robo.dll?tpc=%2Frobo%2Fprojects%2Fversion_7_8_release_manu...

The 8.0 release project is separate and has been generated. On the Welcome project I change the 7.8 to 8.0. When I generate the Welcome project and publish and click on the link, this displays

http://documentation.company.com/Robo/BIN/Robo.dll?tpc=%2Frobo%2Fprojects%2F_launch%2FDoc2_home.htm&...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last few posts have confused the issue. Your problem started out as you pointing from one project to another where just changing the path should have worked as you expected. But in your penultimate post there is reference to ASP which is not a method I am familiar with and then the paths contain references to a DLL which would not normally be in any call.

You are clearly doing something in a very non standard way.

I suspect that if ASP is involved, something else needs changing. The two links in your last past contain more differences that just 7.8 changing to 8.0.

I would be using an ordinary hyperlink and there you would just need to change the path and filename as required to reflect the new project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Peter: I don't believe it's a nonstandard way. More likely, FRUSTRATED!! is using RoboEngine and that's what is throwing the monkey wrench into the works. I personally have only very limited experience with this, so hopefully fellow Community Expert John Daigle will see this and chime in. The robo/bin/robo.dll stuff is all RoboEngine related.

Wishing I had more to offer to help... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Someone in another dept set up the Welcome and I got a crash course on it and RH. Sometimes the notes do not cover those little pesky things that go wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Rick. I hadn't considered WebHelp Pro as the poster hadn't mentioned it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp