Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text deleted with track changes on is still visible in output

Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2013 Jan 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

The 'track changes' feature nicely shows added and deleted text in the editor, but when a topic is previewed, deleted text is also visible. Also in the output (CHM), deleted text remains visible. Text is shown in normal font (not underline, not strikethrough, no color).

Is this normal? Maybe there is a setting telling whether to show tracked deleted text or not?

Who can help me?

Regards,

Dirk

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is the designed behaviour as the idea is that all changes are accepted or rejected before generating. You should get a warning that the topics contain tracked changes when you generate. I agree it would be better if the preview allowed you to view the topic as if all changes had been accepted.

The more people who report a bug or request a feature, the more likely it is to be actioned. Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already thought that this was a normal behaviour. Well, it's not what I have hoped for. It seems that Adobe added the tracking feature but did not think enough about the useability and features.

I will enter a bug report and hope that other readers will do the same.

Just thinking: Adobe adds features which contains bugs, and to get the bug-free feature, customers have to pay an upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And so follows the software world </grin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp