• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to publish RH10 projects to RH9 server?

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2013 Jan 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company has just begun using RoboHelp. We installed RoboHelp 9 server, but realized that we have started creating projects in RoboHelp 10. Is it possible to publish the RH10 projects to RH9 server? We can use RH9 to develop our projects instead, but I'd rather use the upgrade if possible.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think RH Server10 even exists (yet) - check with Colum - www.robocolumn.com<http://www.robocolumn.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you should be able to publish RH10 projects to RHS9 in the same way as RH9. I just haven't tried as I am still on RHS8. That said I have successfully published a test RH10 project to RHS8! John daigle will be able to say definitively - Paging John Daigle! Paging John Daigle! - or you could set-up a test area on RH9 and publish your RH10 output to it yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

While I'm not a "RoboHelp Server guy" I might think that simple logic would tell us that things should work just fine. Because if they weren't going to work, Adobe would have also introduced a new version of RoboHelp Server to coincide with RoboHelp 10, no?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, all, this was very helpful. I hadn't realized that RHS10 has not been released. I will run a test to our RH9 server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just seconding what Jeff, Colum and Rick have said. Yes, RoboHelp 10 WebHelp Pro and FlashHelp Pro content can be published to RoboHelp Server 9. No sweat. RoboHelp Server "Next" is still in development, so RH Server 9 is the current version.

john

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp