• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webtrends Analytics with RoboHelp

Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2013 Jan 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our company has been using a FrameMaker to WebWorks workflow with Webtrends for analytics for some years. We are now migrating to a FM>RH workflow. I have been unable to find much information regarding the integration of analytics with RH and wondered if anyone can give me some insight or point me to resources. My questions are:

1. I tried placing the Webtrends js snippet in the HTML view of RH, but it disappears when I compile an output. Where and  how can I place a snippet to monitor analytics?

2. My bigger concern, after I get past a working concept, is how to manage this globally in all of our documentation, both the Help systems implemented natively in RH and the FM collateral we are linking to RH. I had done some research into both Master Pages and Snippets thinking there might be some solution there, but neither seem to offer what I'm really looking for in terms of being able to update all the pages globally with any changes that might occur to the tracking code. Of course, I'm getting ahead of myself with these two ideas, because I'm not sure either are appropriate for inserting the code.

Thanks in advance,

Douglas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2013 Jan 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not heard of Webtrends being used with RH, although someone out there might be. If it helps others use Google Analytics and I have found the following posts that cover how to do this:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/441008

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2586505

The second link covers how to add the code to a master page which would address your second concern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using both of those posts as a starting point. Some of the information would seem to be similar, but those posts are very old, and mention using some features RH 7 and RH 8 (template pages). I find it very surprising that there isn't more information on this subject, if not for Webtrends, at least in general. It seems as if Adobe might like the answer to lie in the purchase of RH Server...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although templates are now Master pages, it works the same. Old, but WebHelp still has the same buildup. So you can use the same method: put it in the master page, or use a find and replace operation to add the code post generation.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2013 Feb 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Obviously Adobe have a vested interest in getting people to use RoboHelp Server but as others have said it is not strictly necessary. RoboHelp Server does have some distinct advantages over other analytics applications but you can get by with third party solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp