• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFCACHE IN CF9 - Cant find cached pages!

Participant ,
Feb 01, 2013 Feb 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used CFCACHE in prior versions of CF and the cached page would be kept in the directory I specified.
Now when I use the tag in CF9 the page appears to be cached but I can find any cached pages in the directory I specified????

Here is my code:

<cfcache timespan="#CreateTimespan(10, 0, 0, 0)#" directory="C:/inetpub/websites/ssl/dev/page_cache/" stripWhiteSpace="true" usequerystring="true"      >

The page appears to be cached as it loads quickly but I cant find where CF puts the cached version.

This is a problem because when I need to flush the cache I dont know which directory to flush.

Any idea where my cached pages are?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Feb 05, 2013 Feb 05, 2013

CF9 added caching to memory, and is the default behavior of the <CFCACHE> tag.  See the docs here for a more complete explanation: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ColdFusion/9.0/CFMLRef/WSc3ff6d0ea77859461172e0811cbec22c24-7d5a.html

If you want to cache to disk instead of to memory (which won't be as fast as caching to memory), I think you have to include the "directory" attribute, and specify the absolute path to the directory you wish to cache the content in.

HTH,

Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Feb 05, 2013 Feb 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CF9 added caching to memory, and is the default behavior of the <CFCACHE> tag.  See the docs here for a more complete explanation: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ColdFusion/9.0/CFMLRef/WSc3ff6d0ea77859461172e0811cbec22c24-7d5a.html

If you want to cache to disk instead of to memory (which won't be as fast as caching to memory), I think you have to include the "directory" attribute, and specify the absolute path to the directory you wish to cache the content in.

HTH,

Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 06, 2013 Feb 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

If you are facing the problem of clearing the cache, there is an option in the COldfusion administrator page to clear it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation