• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Add a Baggage File

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2007 Jan 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to add a hyperlink to a MS Word document. When I build the project, I am getting a "file not found" error. I tried adding the file as a baggage file and it appears to work, (or, the workflow appears to work) but the file does not show up as a baggage file.

I have tried deleting the link and re-creating it, I have also tried deleting the document from the source folder and re-adding it. Nothing is working. Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 05, 2007 Jan 05, 2007
Worked like a charm! THANK YOU!!! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a RoboHelp bug. See Peter Grainge's site:
http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/x5_baggage_bug/x5_bug.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2007 Feb 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WebHelp X4 - I've had the same problem trying to link to a Word document and seeing "Page not found" when I test it. I can manually add the baggage file, but that seems to force RH to copy the Word document into the RH project folder. I want the document to remain external to RH, so that it can be updated by employees other than technical writers. Although the document is currently on my hard drive, eventually it will reside on a server. RH instructions for the topic "link destinations from the WYSIWYG Editor" imply that I should be able to do this. So is it possibly to link to an external Word document?

Kitty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2007 Mar 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sure you can link to an external document in RH using relative addressing or a URL. Some things you'll probably want to investigate are
1. Making sure that none of the document changers change the filename of the document.
2. Linking to the document from a help page rather than from the TOC. RH may "lose" (see as missing) a document (this happens particularly for baggage files) when it is a linked TOC item.
3. Ensuring that there are no collisions or locked documents while it is being updated.

agfine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm! THANK YOU!!! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp