Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am having problems installing Adobe Digital Editions

Feb 02, 2013 Feb 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also haing difficulty downloading books into ADE from my library. I have reinstalled ADE 2.0 3 times. I am using Widows 7

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching this to a separate discussion as the previous discussion was in regards to downloading books into ADE.  That user already had ADE installed sucessfully.

Do you receive any error messages when you are trying to install Adobe Digital Editions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure of the exact wording of the message but it mentioned repairing the installation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 03, 2013 Feb 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be worth trying an older version. 

There have been quite a few issues with ADE2.0; though I don't recognize your problem as one of them.

You can get 1.7.2 from the Adobe site.  Much more reliable than V2.0 in many ways.

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2013 Feb 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I uninstalled ver 2 and tried to install ver 1.7.2.  That didn't seem to work so uninstalled that one.  Reinstalled ver2 and it seems to be working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines