• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

authorize computer with Adobe ID after authorizing anonymously

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2013 Feb 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded and installed ADE 2.0 in order to get an ebook from the library.  When it asked for Vendor ID during the installation, I didn't know what it wanted and instead chose the authorize this computer anonymously option.  I have since obtained an Adobe ID and would like to use it to authorize the computer so that I would be able to transfer the ebook to another device (my Nook).  I have tried using Ctrl+Shift+u, but that doesn't seem to do anything as the Authorize Computer and Authorization Information options in the Help section of ADE remain grayed out even after restarting.  I tried deleting ADE from Add/Remove Programs, rebooted and then re-installed ADE, but apparently the deletion did not delete the authorization information from the previous installation (Authorize Computer and Authorization Information options in the Help section of ADE remain grayed out).  Please tell me how I can now get ADE authorized with my Adobe ID.  Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2013 Feb 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Digital Editions forum.

Please press Control-Shift-D to deauthorize Adobe Digital Editions.  Once it is deauthorized you can then Authorize under the help menu.  It should be noted that the books you currently have checked out from the library are now tied to the Anonymous ID.  You will want to work with your e-book provider to request the authorization for the books be reset.  Once this is accomplished you can then download the books again to tie them to your Adobe ID.

You can find more details in a related document at Can't authorize with a previously used Adobe ID - http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/id-been-previously-used.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2013 Feb 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my original post, I erroneously stated that I had tried Ctrl+Shift+u  when I meant Ctrl+Shift+D.  It did nothing when I first tried it, and it still does nothing when I do it again and again.   AHA!  I found it.  You first have to go somewhere in ADE, such as to your Library.  Then it works.  It won't work if you just open ADE and do nothing else before pressing Ctrl+Shift+D (at least it didn't for me).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines