Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hi, my Digital Editions doesn't recognize my eReader

Feb 03, 2013 Feb 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've got a Kindle and my adobe digital editions doesn't recognize it. I have allready authorized my pc, what can I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kindles do not support files supported by Adobe Digital Editions. Kindle supports Amazon's own file format and I belive mobi and maybe prc. My library supports downloading of lended books direct from the Amazon website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 04, 2013 Feb 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately as Michael says, Amazon intentionally block many possible uses of the Kindle;  the price is low because they hope you will buy books from them.

For example, this makes it unusable for UK library books.

Most other eReaders are more open: some (such as Nook) make it easier to get books from a particular supplier, but don't completely tie you in the way Kindle does.

For non-DRM books you can use the Calibre software to do format conversion and export to Kindle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines