• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bookmarks "look" is ugly

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2013 Feb 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bookmarks, when assigned, are a horrible shade of green and underlined.  I can not find prefernces to change the look of the bookmarks in the CSS or anywhere else, all I know is that I don't want the expletive deleted bookmarks to be green and underlined. I want the bookmark to look like any other text.

Where in the tanj are the bookmark "look" preferences?

I have a deadline and I can't release the help files looking like this.

- Dana Kincaid

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2013 Feb 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Are you referring to what you see in the editor? Or are you seeing this in the output?

If it's the editor, that usually doesn't show up in the output. But there is something I'd advise. It sounds as though you selected text, then made the selected text a bookmark. I never advise working that way as you paint yourself into a corner if you ever need to change the bookmark's location! Instead, I recommend inserting the cursor just before the text and insert a bookmark that way. You then end up with a little flag icon that may be easily clicked and dragged to a new location on the page if you need to.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2013 Feb 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh!  Good idea and thanks, I'll do it that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2013 Feb 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I was referring to what I see in the Editor.  I have not actually seen the output yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2016 May 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

I found that your tip also solved a pesky problem I was having with bookmarks. I was using the highlighting/selecting text method for creating all my bookmarks. When I did it this way, all the headings that were bookmarks were doing this crazy shrinking thing on the final output when mousing over the text in Google Chrome (see below). Creating the bookmarks as you suggested eliminated the problem. Too bad I will have to redo all the links in my project though.

Bookmarked_Heading.gif

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp