Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mic cutting out

Feb 04, 2013 Feb 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I've been talking for a while my mic stops picking up audio.  The little sound waves next to the icon fade away.  If I mute and then un-mute the mic it starts to work again but by they people listening have missed a chunk.  I ran a bandwidth check and I says I'm on LAN speed.  I am using the built in mic on a MacBook pro.

TOPICS
Training

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using a USB mic. Built in mics tend to be of lesser quality, and can show strange characteristics. We've used this one with good success.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-980186-0914-USB-Desktop-Microphone/dp/B0000ATCOR/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is noting wrong with the quality of the mic - when it is picking up it much better quality then either of the USB ones I've got.  I am sure the problem is something in the Adobe Connect set up because it works fine then gradually fades out.  After mute/un-mute it is fine again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2013 Feb 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the other mics show the same behavior? Do other computers show the same behavior using the built in mic or an external mic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2013 Feb 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having massive issues too. It just started our last two webinars  this year. Even the session tests go fine but when folks come in, it gets screwed.

Getting a USB mic isn't going to help as crappy audio is a widespread issue of Adobe Connect. To the point we may be leaving it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, eventhough it might be a short drop in connection, one should expect it to reconnect automatically (as in skype 🙂 ). I have to mute / unmute and it works again. This can't be the way the system should works. No matter what, small drops are expected and should be covered up by the audio part of adobe connect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2013 May 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi julie@Co-opCollege ,

When No audio was going from your client does the audio waves still being shown after your atendee name ?

also couple of suggestions :

1. before speaking if using add-in do run audio setup wizard

2. or if from browser after right click make sure your mic is properly connected.

although i think you are already doing this.

Does when audio stops is your mic icon active? i mean does clicking on that changes the status ?

if no try to click on speaker icon and then again use mic and speaker both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines