• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WMV files not displayed in compiled CHM

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2013 Feb 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working in RoboHelp 10.  I added a multimedia files to an HTML topic using Insert>Multimedia\demo.  I generate a chm file using:  Generate> webHelp to CHM Converter

I have a folder of video files (wmv) in the same folder as the help.chm file.  The videos show up correctly in the WYSIWYG preview and in the compiled help.chm file when it is opened directly (double click on help.chm).  But when I call the help.chm file from my application, the videos do not show up.  I looked at the properties of the video and the path is incorrect.  For instance, when I open the help.chm directly, the correct path shows:  C:\help files\videos\video.wmv   But when opened from an application, the path becomes:  C:\My Application\videos\video.wmv

Any help is appreciated.  Or if there's another way to link these files, I would try it...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 06, 2013 Feb 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Get rid of those absolute paths. Use a path relative to where the CHM is placed. You might also want to ensure that the multimedia files have been added to your baggage files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp