• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding my language to the recording options

Jan 02, 2007 Jan 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
i've try to do that , but it not working.
I've try to insert my own files to Macromedia Capivate and Adobe Captivate 2 - new files (CaptureTextTemplates_Polish.rdl) are not visible on Language list.
Have You got any ideas to fix it?
Regards
Czarek
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2007 Jan 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you followed each step in the 5 pages on the TechNote? The link you included went only to the 5th of 5 pages ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 07, 2007 Jan 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I followed each steps from 1 till 5 page.
And first:
I've do what I've read in all steps
And the second:
I've rename the ..._German.rdl to ..._Polish.rdl and the new file wasn't appear on the language list.

I think I must insert some information about new language, but where?
But the other way, if I remove ..._German.rdl file they not appears on the list...so, it is not right way to solve this issue, am I right? What do You think? Any other suggestions?
PS
I've post my message to Fabricio Manzi and still waiting for his answer...

Regards
Czarek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Czarek

Hopefully Hal won't mind my offering some insight here. Personally, I believe that article wasn't fully researched. I don't believe this will work for any language. It does work for Portugese, and to my knowledge it is the *ONLY* additional language it will work for.

You are probably wondering why.

This is just a hunch on my behalf, but I think Portugese was simply overlooked in the possible language choices when Captivate was first created. It existed in RoboDemo 5, but not Captivate. As it was once there, the application knew to look for it. So all one had to do was to create the missing .RDL file in order to see Portugese magickally pop into the list of choices. But as you have seen, this fails if you use any language other than Portugese.

The workaround? Repurpose one of the other existing language files. Perhaps German or Chinese. Yes, it may be listed as German or Chinese, but if selected would reflect your desired language.

Oh, and definitely report it via the WishForm/Bug Report.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
thanks - I hope You will answer me quickly as You can.
I'll do what You suggesting

Thanks again
Czarek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 22, 2007 May 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my mistake - I was under the assumption you can add any language and worked with Fabricio on the article. He did a wonderful job with the article and I told him this would work with all languages (that's what I thought until now).
Looks like you can only add Portuguese and Dutch, which were languages supported in RoboDemo 4 in addition to the current set. Due to limited localization resources, we had to drop those two files in RoboDemo 5.
As a workaround, you could create the Polish file, but you would need to use a "pseudo" name for the file and call it Dutch, or Portuguese, or any of the file names of languages you are not using. I sent the issue to the team and I hope we can fix it for Adobe Captivate 3 but I might have found out too late in the dev cycle. We now at least know for Adobe Captivate 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Silke
Thanks for Your answer.
What I did? I wrote Polish language file myself an replace an original German file with my file So, it's still working. After few days I send it to the Captiv8er to place it in a new version of the Captivate. Please, check it out.
Thanks again
Czarek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Czarek

You said: After few days I send it to the Captiv8er to place it in a new version of the Captivate.

This makes me think that you possibly believe I'm an Adobe employee. While I'd be more than happy to do whatever I could with the file, I'm just a Captivate user same as you. Actually, Silke would be the wiser choice of recipients here, as she is an official Adobe employee and is much closer to the developers than I am.

Sincerely... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ups, sorry for my mistake...
It means, You are freelancer? Ok, but if You are ordinary Captivate user, You are very smart user.
Greetings
Czarek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Czarek, you said...
quote:

I've post my message to Fabricio Manzi and still waiting for his answer...
I am a sucker for pop quizzes and trivia ...

WHO is Fabricio Manzi?

(I bet I'm going to be sorry I asked)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hal

Fabricio Manzi is the person that incorrectly suggested in his Developer Center article (the one Czarek cited) that any ole language you want can just be plopped into the list of languages for Captivate and they magickally appear in the drop-down list!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

🙂 Rick, why don't you shoot me the file and I'll see what I can do (No promises here but you never know what's possible unless you try).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources