• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash player keeps crashing

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2013 Feb 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the most up to date flash player but it keeps crashing still. Why? The progression of this issue has been strange. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked fine for a couple of weeks. Now when I try to load a page with flash it stalls out until it finally crashes. I can do anything on my computer but mess with Firefox. Only Firefox will be frozen. I have to use task manager to close flash player to get FireFox unfrozen to browse the internet. I can not even watch youtube videos. I have Windows 8 and I just checked with this site and I do have the most up to date version of flash player.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and I have no issues with this site working. Its just anywhere else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now Adobe Reader is also crashing. Adobe is not getting along with my system and I need to know why. This affects my ability to do my job!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same issue all day! Every time I open a .pdf, whether it be on my computer or the internet, it crashes Adobe Reader and sends an error message saying I need to update it. I already was, but I did it anyway and it still keeps crashing! Adobe has a 2 hour wait by phone. What is going on?! I can't do my job either or even file taxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry you're going through this.  I suspect you're running into a conflict with our Protected Mode which was introduced in Flash Player 11.4.  Please try the troubleshooting steps outlined in this FAQ:

How do I troubleshoot Flash Player's protected mode for Firefox?

In particular, I'd recommend temporarily disabling protected mode (for troubleshooting purposes only) to see if that addresses the issue.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines