• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp Pro issue regarding Help name that appears in browser address bar

Participant ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the Window Properties (WebHelp Pro) to "Product A" from "Product B", but "Product B" still appears in the address bar. Is there somewhere else that I need to change it?

Thanks.
Carol

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2013 Feb 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This maybe a caching issue. Have you tried restarting your browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 01, 2013 Feb 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi –

Thanks for the reply. I have tried restarting the browser, and I’ve deleted history, etc.

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2013 Feb 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carol. If it is still not showing I think it is time to logon to the Web Administrator and delete all the content from the Area you are publishing to. Then republish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi –

I don’t publish the Help to a server. The problem occurs when I generate it and then open the Help in Internet Explorer 9.

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create “Pro” favoured help outputs, then you need to be placing them on a server running RH Server – that’s what they are intended for; otherwise, just create the “regular” flavours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 05, 2013 Feb 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input. I'll switch to WebHelp for Release 2.

Since the Help is packaged up by a script, I didn't want to risk any problems by switching output types just before the release.

I'm still not sure why the output type makes a difference in terms of the name that appears in the address bar, but it's not worth worrying about.

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WebHelp Pro is not designed to work other than on a server with Rh Server. You will need to test it very thoroughly if you are going to let Version 1 go out of the door with WebHelp Pro.

I would talk to the developers and see what is involved in sending out the right format.

Does anyone following this have experience of issuing WebHelp Pro without Rh Server.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Peter.

It's been running fine in our application through all the assorted builds, and is now in the official build. The only 'big' issue related to the browse sequences, but even that is working acceptably.

I will definitely talk to the developers about what, if anything, they need to do to pick up the WebHelp output for Release 2.

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Carol you'll be fine although I would suggest changing to WebHelp for release 2. I seem to remember many moons ago running a file compare of a topic output file generated from WebHelp and WebHelp Pro and being pleasently surprised at how little difference there is. The major differences are in the way the project is setup (e.g. SSLs, etc.). Having said that, I am pretty sure that Adobe would not support using WebHelp Pro on a server without the RoboHelp Server application. So if you encounter problems further down the line, I think you'll be on your own if we can't help you here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, RoboColum(n). Right now we don't publish to a server; a script installs the five SSL outputs in an IIS folder that the application calls when the user clicks the appropriate Help button . Licensing determines which Help modules appear in the main Help launch menu.

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp