• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Computer Authorization Error.

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2013 Feb 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the error: "An Error Has Been Detected -> Connection Error -> Digital Editions could not connect to the activation server. Please make sure your are connected to the internet."

I'm using the latest version. I've cleared computer cache, disabled antivirus and firewall, reset router and modem, uninstalled and reinstalled ADE, and I still can't activate the computer.  I've also tried deauthorization to then try again. No go. Any help? Adobe's live contact is apparently too busy and requests I try again later.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 06, 2013 Feb 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may just be a matter of trying ADE again until the Adobe servers are working properly.

If you've already tried lots of times over a reasonable period of time it probably isn't that.

It may help to use the older version 1.7.2 instead.

A couple of posters have said that 1.7.2 didn't work either,

but when they then went back to the previously not working 2.0 it did then work.

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this helped. After doing what you said, then disabling the firewall, I was able to do it. Setting rules to allow it had no effect... Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I mean, after installing the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines