• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstalling Premiere 8

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2013 Feb 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lost the hard drive that premiere elements 8 was installed on (driveD) windows is on driveC and I want to re-install the program but when I put the disc in all it wants to do is uninstall premiere elements 8. If I click to do an uninstall I get an error because drive D doesn't exist. How can I re-install this program I suspect there is something in the windows registry that has to be removed but I am not a techie. I am using windows 8

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 05, 2013 Feb 05, 2013

Hi,

You need to please carry out manual cleaning; uninstallation would pose problems as it wouldn't find a lot of installed files it would expect the system to have.

Then, you should be able to install the application again without any problems.

Here's a link for a complete manual clean-up: http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/manually-remove-photoshop-elements-11.html

I hope this helps.

~ Shefali

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2013 Feb 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You need to please carry out manual cleaning; uninstallation would pose problems as it wouldn't find a lot of installed files it would expect the system to have.

Then, you should be able to install the application again without any problems.

Here's a link for a complete manual clean-up: http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/manually-remove-photoshop-elements-11.html

I hope this helps.

~ Shefali

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2013 Feb 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thankyou for your answer I removed all folders etc following the steps shown but the directions are for Photo Shop Elements 11 I need to uninstall Premiere Elements 8. In the directions I substituted Photoshop Elements 11 with Premiere elements 8 but a lot of the registry files didn't match in my computer. Please note I have successfully ran uninstall for Photo Shop elements 8 it is Premiere elements 8 that I need to uninstall is there a similar directions available for Premiere Elements 8. These are some of the files not on my computer

•HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Features\467181D10DCD8B14AAB7A095F920A727

•HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Features\1E560D4DFBA30D143B58CFF620F7D400

•HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\467181D10DCD8B14AAB7A095F920A727

•HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\1E560D4DFBA30D143B58CFF620F7D400 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{1D181764-DCD0-41B8-AA7B-0A599F027A72}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{D4D065E1-3ABF-41D0-B385-FC6F027F4D00}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines