• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player crashes every time in Firefox

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2013 Feb 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody, hope this is the right section of the forum, if it's not, please move this discussion to an appropriate forum.

I'm using Windows 8 x64 since some months (it's release to MSDN since september) and I never had problems with Flash Player with Firefox. Since some weeks, every time I reload/open a page which contains some flash player content, Firefox freezes for some seconds, and the small wheel of the mouse pointer cames out for a few seconds, then it stops, then it reappears again. It continues for 4-5 times, than it stops, and FF says that the Flash Player plugin has stopped working. If I take a look to the processes under Task Manager, I can see that the two processes called "Adobe flash player r502 etc..." (or something like this) are closed and reopened 4-5 times, and then it stops working when FF shows the error message. What I've tried:

1) Completely uninstalling Flash player and Reinstalling it.

2) Install a previous version, nothing.

3) Install the beta version 11.6, nothing. (At the beginning I was using the 11.5 version).

4) Start FF in safe mode (so with all of the plugins disabled).

I don't know how to solve the problem. Can someone help me? It's very annoying that I have every time to wait about 10 secs to click on something because flash player tries reopening by itself and then crashes again...

Thank you so much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2013 Feb 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please provide the link for testing at my end?

Regards,

Devendra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2013 Feb 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link of what? Flash Player beta?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A link to a web page where the crash occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your Firefox version?

Does the crash also occur if you use the latest version of Waterfox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it crashes almost in every page. For example, just to reload this page it crashed about 4-5 times, to download Waterfox the same happened. Anyway, with Waterfox it SEEMS that it's working good, with Firefox no. If this could help: Firefox did an auto-update 5 minutes ago, and flash player did not crash. I tried to close and reopen firefox, and then flash player started crashing again. If I boot the system and I open firefox for the first time since boot, flash player works well, if I close for any reason firefox and I open it for a second time (or 3th, 4th etc...) flash player starts crashing... and the same happens when I uninstall/reinstall flash player. Thank you anyway for Waterfox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2013 Feb 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been experience the exact same issue for several weeks.  I too was using 11.5 and then moved to 11.6 beta in hopes it would help, but still the same problem.  As blak2493 mentioned, even bringing up this page caused 4-5 crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2013 Mar 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem. Latest version Firefox and Flash, and the plugin causes Firefox to freeze all the time on one of my computers. It does so even if I uninstall and reinstall, if I reboot, etc. At times I can get through a few pages, but once the problem happens it seems to really happen on nearly every web page with Flash on it. I click on a tab or open a link, and Firefox freezes. It is completely unresponsive for some amount of time, usually 3-5 minutes. Usually I then get a message asking whether I want to continue or stop an unresponsive script. Only the Stop option will allow me to continue browsing (Continue never resolves the issue, just forces me to wait until the window comes back and I can click on Stop).

In some cases I get an actual crash. This can be if I try to click within the browzer more than a few times when the browser is frozen, or at times it crashes regardless. Rarely it has frozen and won't respond at all, so I have to call up task manager and shut it down.

My other computers don't have this issue, but my main one does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines