Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation error 1603

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2012 Oct 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I created an MSI package with the "Adobe Application Manager Enterprise 3.1" this  for "Adobe Design Standard CS6 EN". The creation of the msi-file worked smooth, no errors no problems.

But it's not possible to install the Software with the maintained MSI. After some minutes the installation process stops with error 1603 (Fatal error during installation). Tested on two different  Windows 7 Enterprise clients (one with SP1).

Where do I find the setup-log-files, what could be the reason for the failure?

Regards Hansjƶrg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Creative Suite Enterprise Deployment forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The log file is PDapp.log file formed at %temp% location. Did you deploy the msi silently or in UI mode. Are you running the MSI using command prompt??? If yes, make sure you launch the command prompt in administrative mode.

Please mail us the log file mentioned above to further investigate it and provide assistance.

Thanks,

Saransh Katariya | Adobe Systems | skatariy@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Saransh

Thank you for your help. I started the installation again with msiexec /a and got the attached Log-file.

Is it may be possible that the company name ā€œMETTLER TOLEDO Inc.ā€ has to be exactly the same as entered in "Adobe Application Manager Enterprise 3.1"?

May be I used ā€œMettler-Toledo AGā€ there.

Freundliche GrĆ¼sse

<Removed by Moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2012 Oct 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did your installation run successfully? please send PDApp.log file to rbaiswar@adobe.com, if you are still seeing the issue.

I didnt get your question -

Is it may be possible that the company name ā€œMETTLER TOLEDO Inc.ā€ has to be exactly the same as entered in "Adobe Application Manager Enterprise 3.1"?

thanks,

Rahul | Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

I have the same problem with use "Adobe Application Manager Enterprise 3.1" this  for "Adobe Design & Web Preium "

May I  mail the PDApp.log file rbaiswar@adobe.com

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, please send logs to my email id.

Rahul | rbaiswar@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created installs usning AAMEE 3.0 and everything was fine.  Then i discovered 3.1 and redid all my packages to update the names and add updates (plus interactive support).  Now, nothing works.  I've tried using AAMEE 3.0 and 3.1 on the same and different machines andn everytime, i get the 1603 error in the windows installer log.  I don't even get a pdapp.log, just the windows installer default log file.  These are all x64 on Windows 7.

Suggestions?

thanks

EDIT

I did some digging this morning and found the PDApp.log file.  not sure if it was new or i just missed it.  One of the items in there said that administrative access was required

1/25/2013 08:28:21 [FATAL] Setup - Administrative Privileges required to continue

1/25/2013 08:28:21 [FATAL] Setup - End Adobe Setup. Exit code: -10

I'm very surprised at this because I was double clicking on the MSI and was getting a UAC prompt.  I ran a command prompt as administrator and it's going through the installation now. 

We should be able to just doubleclick on the AAMEE 3.1 generated MSI and get UAC and then have the install complete right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2013 Feb 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an identical problem, could you possibly take a look at my log file as well?

Much appreciated,

~Irfan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes sure. Send it at skatariy@adobe.com

Saransh Katariya | Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

- the account used for the installation needs administrative rights on the workstation (system account if pos.)

- batch file example for installation:

::

Z:\Adobe_Design_Standard_CS6_EN_x86\Exceptions\ExceptionDeployer --workflow=install --mode=pre

Z:\Adobe_Design_Standard_CS6_EN_x86\Build\Adobe_Design_Standard_CS6_EN.msi /passive

Best regards Hansjƶrg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines