• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY_OR_PKCS12

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have successfully installed ADE and downloaded my first ebooks from my library. I downloaded some more books, but now when I try to open the .ascm files with ADE, I get the following error:

"Unable to download

Error getting license. License Server Communication Problem:

E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY_OR_PKCS12"

Need help resolving this error on a Windows system. A search of the internet found a solution for a similar issue on Macs and Keychain, but I have not found any Windows solutions.

System details:

Adobe Digital Editions v2.0.67532

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2013 Feb 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also interested in an answer to this question. I've been trying to get assistance from both Adobe and Overdrive, and they're each blaming one another for the problem. Dealing with these two is like living in a Kafka novel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 06, 2013 Feb 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guesses, not promised solutions.

It may be that the ADE authorization has got corrupted somehow.

Try de-authorizing (ctrl-shift-D) and restarting ADE.

It should ask you to re-authorize.

That may help; no promises.

Have you got an eReader device plugged in while you are trying to access the book?

If so, try with it unplugged.  There is a bad interaction between ADE2.0/Overdrive and certain devices.

If that works, the best longer term solution is probably to install the older v1.7.2.

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2013 Feb 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing the older version of ADE fixed the error. Thanks sjpt!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2014 Jun 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, sjpt!  I have tried all the suggestions and had no luck getting either Digital Editions 2 o3 3 to download my books.  They had been working just days before.  Your suggestion solved the problem.  Norton's gave a notification that the newer versions are unstable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I may have discovered a way to load .ascm files into Digital Editions without receiving those endless error messages. Here's what I did:

1.  Uninstall current version of ADE from computer (I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate)

2. Download this this link which includes ADE 1.7, ADE 2.0, and a DRM removal  program

http://www.epubsoft.com/soft/adobe-digital-editions.html

3.  Install ADE 1.7 (an earlier edition that appears different than the other versions) and authorize.

4.  Use the DRM Removal Program  in the download to remove ADE 1.7

5.  Install 2.0 and authorize again if necessary.  It worked for me and I had been researching a solution for many hours.  Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks to sjpt 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much it solved my problem and I didn't loose all the books I had saved there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines