• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Displaying the RoboHELP Licence key

Feb 07, 2013 Feb 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are about to obtain an upgrade for TCS 3.5 inlcuding RoboHELp 8.

Please can someone advise me how to display the licence key so I can record this.

We're having to upgrade the operating shystem so the previous version will not be on the machine when the upgrade to windows 7 takes place and also RoboHELP 8 I'm told is not compatible with windows 7 anyway.

Many thanks

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 07, 2013 Feb 07, 2013

And if what Jeff popped in to suggest doesn't work for whatever reason, you might try using Belarc Advisor.

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

Seems to do a decent job of ferreting out software keys...

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should be on the packaging if you have physical media for TCS; if not, then you can use the Adobe Licensing site to show you your serial #'s. Just don't forget to deactivate first before switching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if what Jeff popped in to suggest doesn't work for whatever reason, you might try using Belarc Advisor.

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

Seems to do a decent job of ferreting out software keys...

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rick - I am right in assuming there's no "front door" way to display Adobe serial #'s, aren't I?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find out about identifying your Adobe licences here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need to revise that one slightly Colum - screen's changed a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So has the procedure for identifying your licences. Thanks for spotting that Jeff. I've updated the page, even to include details of subscription purchases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 08, 2013 Feb 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all for your speedy reply. That utility for displaying licences was particularly effective.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 18, 2013 Feb 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the belarac advisor printout the serial number for robohelp shown has the word "trial" in brackets at the end. The copy of TCS used was the full version but cannot see any other numbers.

Is this the correct number to use for the upgrade please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the machine had not been upgraded to Windows 7 when you ran Belarc, it's difficult to say whether that number is the one you want. It could be the number of the trial version, it could be your number with an indicator it was upgraded from the trial. My guess is the number is a standard one for the trial.

Is there not another entry for Technical Communication Suite?

If the machine had been upgraded, then it will have wiped the number unless you were upgrading from Vista. All other Windows upgrades wipe the disk.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact the Belarc was run before the mchine was upgraded and I have yet to find an entry for TCS...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bummer!

Do IT have a spare machine where you could try the serial number you do have?

If not, I think you are going to have to dig for proof of purchase and then contact Adobe.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp