New Here ,
Feb 06, 2013 Feb 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows XP SP3

Adobe Presenter 7.06 Build 7604

Powerpoint 2010

Captivate 5.5

When I import SWF created in Captivate the resulting published presentation slide that is supplosed to contain the SWF displays with a rapidly flickering image and just noise. I have tried externalising skin, simplified slides and SWF and the result is always the same.

There is no option to specify ActionScript version 2 in Captivate 5.5 as suggested in other posts around the net. Tried importing SWF from DemoBuilder 8 with same result.

This is evidently a bug. Anyone got a solution or work-around that actually works to solve this problem?

(Temp fix is to attach Captivate presentation or add a link into a slide that opens html with embedded SWF. Nice enough but not what I paid for.)

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2013 Feb 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not a bug, but a comparability issue. As you stated, Cp 5.5 is AS3 only, and Presenter 7.0.6 is AS2 only. If you want them to work together, either upgrade Presenter to 7.0.7 (which is an AS3 version) or downgrade to Cp 4 (has AS2 option).

The upgrade to 7.0.7 is a bit of a process, but should be the easiest solution. You can find the upgrade installer and instructions for upgrading here: http://helpx.adobe.com/presenter.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources