Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

display text for hyperlinks

Feb 07, 2013 Feb 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently using RH 6, however I think this is the same for other versions as well. I'm looking to include web hyperlinks in the help file I'm updating, however I don't want to display the link, but rather display a word or phrase. ie: on the screen it might say EXPANDED HELP, but the link tied to this phrase would be www.gotohelp.com as an example.

Thanks for your help!

Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim. It sounds like you need to set the tooltip of each link you create. When you create a link, there is a "Screen Tip Text" field. Whatever is typed in there appears as a popup when the end user hovers their mouse over the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw that, however what I'm trying to do is not display the URL of the website, but a more descriptive text. So when they click on the text, it goes to the website which will hold the web based help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Type the words you want in the topic, such as Click here.

Select those words.

Click the hyperlink icon and enter the URL.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Of course! - I am new to this application and creating a help program, but not to that concept. I must be tired.

Thanks for your help!

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp