Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Flash Player on XP

Feb 07, 2013 Feb 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the Adobe Installation exe, "install_flashplayer11x32_mssa_aih.exe". I'm running XP Professional. When I tried to open it, a message box popped up asking for a password. Why is that? I also tried to delete the file from my Downloads folder and got the same popup. How can I either delete this file or run it to install Flash Player?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

Just make sure you have Administrator permission to install Adobe Flash Player.

Thanks,
Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vikram,

Thanks for your reply. I logged into XP in safe mode in the Administrator account. I then tried to delete the install file. I still got the popup message asking for a password. So having Administrator permission didn't seem to work. Any other suggestions? Is this a virus of some sort?

Thanks.

CRMark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What kind of password?  Can you post a screenshot of that request?

Anyway, try downloading the offline installer from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_hea...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines