Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Call for price option?

Feb 07, 2013 Feb 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a second client to whom I am recommending he look at Catalyst. I see that we can create multiple product images and he wants to use eCommerce. He has a specific need, and I don't know if it available in BC: he wants to use "Call for Price" on some items in the database. Either items that are out of stock or for things that fluctuate on price daily like gold. I don't know if BC  offers that option.  

The items would be in the database and would be visible. Just not sure if this is possible.

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2013 Feb 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

This is possible either through some java script based customization, or through assigning custom templates.

If you enable stock control, placing {tag_instock} on the individual product layout will have the stock displayed on the product page, so when it renders 0, your JS can display a "Call for Price" item (and hide the price field & the add to cart button). Same principle can be used for products with fluctuating prices. They can, for example, have an attribute set, such as "fluctuating". On the individual product layout you can add {tag_attributes} which will list all attributes. JS will detect "fluctuating" and show the same "call for price" item.

Or you can just use a custom template for these types of products: http://helpx.adobe.com/business-catalyst/partner/using-custom-templates-modules.html#id_86410 to have the desired view assigned by default without scripting.

Furthermore, if you have to work with only these 2 scenarios (standard view / customized view with call for price) you can simplify things even further by just using the Individual - Small (Backup) template, avialable in Site Manager > Module Templates.

Regarding fluctuating prices, as an advanced solution, you can use APIs to automatically update product prices. http://helpx.adobe.com/business-catalyst/partner/web-services-api-framework.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 08, 2013 Feb 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex,    I got this reply from a ticket:

Rohit Chopra (Adobe Business Catalyst Support)

Feb 08 15:20 (EET)

The Checkout button will be the removed from the shopping cart layout, so will no more be available for any product. But if the price is $0, the product cannot be bought via checkout anyways and will throw an error. Please test to check if that helps!

So I am just a little confused about using separate templates... all the items, with or without prices would be in the database and in the catalog.   So would I have to use a separate template for all items with zero price? 

I could apply a tag to the product in the database that would cause a differential display to a different page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 01, 2013 Aug 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Or you can just use a custom template for these types of products: http://helpx.adobe.com/business-catalyst/partner/using-custom-template s-modules.html#id_86410 to have the desired view assigned by default without scripting.

Furthermore, if you have to work with only these 2 scenarios (standard view / customized view with call for price) you can simplify things even further by just using the Individual - Small (Backup) template, avialable in Site Manager > Module Templates.

When I look at the templates in the folder, they are all marked as .html and not as tpl.  as the instructions say...

I am trying to modify the overall catalog template to NOT display price or add to cart on the layout. I need this for one catalog, but I don't see any way to assign a separate small item template to a specific catalog. 

How do you specify a different small item template or backup in an individual catalog display?

When you apply a regular template to a catalog, it holds the catalog content in the tag_pagecontent tag...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines