• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player 11.5.502.149 will not install, states that the version of flash is not the most current

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2013 Feb 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the runtime (install_flash_player_11_active_x.exe) install for Flash 11.5.502.149 which I just downloaded.  I'm trying to install it on a Windows 7 64bit system.  When I try to run it the install tells me that the version of flash is not the most current and I should download the most recent version.  Accorsing to the site, this is the most recent version.  Any thoughts?

Thaks,

Keith

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2013 Feb 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keith,

Could you try running the stand alone uninstaller located here, then try installing again?

http://labsdownload.adobe.com/pub/labs/flashruntimes/flashplayer/flashplayer11-6_uninstall_win.exe

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2013 Feb 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By the time I saw this, the OS was corrupt.  This isn't going to help me right npw.  One very important item, though, for those of us who use the runtime to install, it needs to be modified so that it doesn't look for a newer version of the install before it actually installs.  We use Altiris to push this out to our folks and that check causes the installation process to stop.  My guess is that it is waiting for a response which will never occur since it is running in a hidden window.  I agree that it needs to be updated, but this method is causing significant issues.  This was the same problem I found when trying to install an older version of Flash that didn't  have the issues with Sysprep that later ones did. 

That said, is there a switch for the install_flash_player_11_active_x.exe that will force it to run without checking first?  The -install doesn't stop the checking.

Thanks,

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines