• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion 10 Standard License

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2013 Feb 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I install CF10 Standard edition on a Cloud server with the following CPU spec:

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 O @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz (4 processors)  ?

Thanks

PB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 is not one of the supported OS. Please refer to http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/products/coldfusion/pdfs/cf10/coldfusi...  for the supported enviroments

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 is the CPU and not OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad. I missed that. For the ColdFusion 10 Standard license on cloud, you can run ColdFusion standard on just one instance of the cloud with the condition that the processing capacity of the instance does not exceed 5 GHz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Anit.

This cloud instance is running at the moment on 4 2.0GHz CPU's so if I will reduce it to 2 CPU's I will be allowed to run the CF10 standard edition? 

What happens if at a later stage I will need to add CPU's will I be able to use 2x Stdandard licenses or will I have to move up to enterprise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes if you reduce it to 2 2.0GHz CPUs, then you can run the CF10 Std edition.

Regarding your second query, can you refer to Cloud Network License section http://blogs.coldfusion.com/post.cfm/coldfusion-10-eula

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2013 Mar 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is behind us now - all installed, licensed and running, I need to set up more servers and would like to ask a few more questions please:

Is there any way that I could check what coldfusion see as CPU configuration? On cloud instances sometimes the CPU definitions are not clear. For instance Amazon AWS EC2 define CPU's as some equivalent computing performance which does not let me understand what's going on and how CF sees it. The safe way would be to install CF evaluation and try to check how it sees the CPU's - is it possible? What happens if I install CF standard license bases on assumptions and it is detected that the CPU's allowance was exceeded (by a mistake)? Will CF stop working or reverse to developer mode?

Another example - a few days ago I had a performance problem on a cloud server running with CF Standard, the datacenter engineer wanted to push up my CPU's - what would happen?

The same cloud server was running previously on what the datacenter defines as "4 CPU's" but Windows task manager / performance graphs showed it as 4 cores.

Bottom line - as your client I need to be able to see clear indication to how CF sees the server configuration and not guess.

Thanks

PB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation