• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player installation issues with Mac OS X

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2013 Feb 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are aware that a number of customers have encountered problems installing Flash Player on OS X.  We apologize for the inconvienience that this has caused and we are actively investigating these issues. 

To help us track down the underlying problems, we would appreciate those that feel comfortable using the "Terminal" utility please generate and email installer logs to us.  The steps below should walk you through this process:

1. Mount the Flash Player installer .dmg file
  2. Copy the "Install Adobe Flash Player" file to the desktop or any other preferred directory
  3. Open Terminal and "cd" to the desktop or the other directory
  4. Run the following command in the terminal window: ./Install\ Adobe\ Flash\ Player.app/Contents/MacOS/Install\ Adobe\ Flash\ Player –debug
  5. Once the installation has finished, right click on the the Adobe Flash Player.app file and select "Show Package Contents"
  6. Navigate into the /Contents/MacOS folder
  7. Locate the host.developer.log and installer.developer.log and copy them to the desktop
  8. Navigate into ~/Library/Logs/ and locate the file FlashPlayerInstallManager.log.  Copy this to the desktop.
  9. Zip up all 3 files (host.developer.log, installer.developer.log and FlashPlayerInstallManager.log) and email them to ccampbel@adobe.com

For those that would just like to get Flash Player installed, please download and install using our installer found here:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 08, 2013 Feb 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have Mac OS X 10.7.5 and Firefox 18.0.2 and Safari 6.0.2. I got a message today saying my Flash Player was out of date.

I tried using the button on http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to download 11.5.502.149

I get error message: "metafile download failed"

(I tried it several times, both from Firefox and from Safari)

In your post above (and other posts in the forum), as an alternative solution, you recommend that users try the direct link to the installer, available on http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html#main-pars_heading... ("Download from the direct link") That link downloads install_flash_player_osx.dmg.

PROBLEM: that installer actually installs 11.5.502.146 - NOT 11.5.502.149. So, it is is installing an old version of the player!

QUESTION: Where can I find a direct installer for the LATEST version of the Player?? (the latest version as of today is apparently is 11.5.502.149).

Until this is resolved, I'll need to keep Flash Player disabled in my browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines