• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Please close Safari first" when Safari IS closed

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2013 Feb 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Mac OS 10.7.5, Safari 6.0.2, and trying to install the latest version of Flash 11 (as of Feb 8.) Half-way through the installation I get the warning to "Please close Safari to continue." I close Safari, try installing again, and get the same message to close Safari before continuing...but Safari IS closed.

I even try restarting the computer and installing Flash immediately...without so much as touching Safari. The installer still asks me to close it first. I open up the Force Quit window and only "Install Adobe Flash Player" is open.

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

click the apple icon in the top left of your mac. click 'force quit'. click on the programmes you need to quit in the box that appears and click 'force quit'. now install abode flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2013 Mar 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. March 20th.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2013 Mar 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the name of the .dmg you are using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AdobeFlashPlayerInstaller_11_aih.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you go into Activity Monitor and verify that Safari is closed?  I'd also give this installer a try if you haven't already.

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/11.6.602.180/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2013 Jul 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with this new update,

AdobeFlashPlayerInstaller_11au_ltrosxd_aaa_aih.dmg

I am running os x 10.8.4 (12e55)

safari version 6.0.5 (8536.30.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RonAndersonJr wrote:

I am having the same problem with this new update

Then why not follow Chris' instructions in the post above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works 99.999% of the time.

Download the offline installer here: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/mac/install_flash_player_11_osx.d...

If it won't download directly, right click and "Save as"

Go to: Mac HD/Library/Internet Plugins

Trash the Flash Player.plugin file from there

Go to: Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe

Trash the Flash Player folder (the whole folder)

Empty the trash

Reboot

Mount the DMG and run the installer.

BEFORE opening any Flash content in Safari, open Safari>Preferences, and check the Security tab to make sure "Allow all other plugins" is checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2014 May 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ATTENTION MAC CUSTOMERS - Flash Player 13 "Plugin Failure" Solution

Here you go That did it for me and my new macbook pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Safari was closed for me yet I still got the please close Safari message; However, within Activity Monitor, I could see that "Flash Player (ShorTel Communicator Internet plug-in)" was running. After closing ShorTel Communicator the message cleared and the install was able to finish. I think that the installer was unable to detect the true source of the running Flash player, or that Shortel uses Safari as a route to Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution for me was similar to the solution posted by gwd-oc. I opened Activity Monitor and searched for "flash". I found a process named "Flash Player (Skype Internal)". After killing that process, the Flash Installer no longer said Safari was running, and I was able to complete the installation. I presume exiting Skype would have also done the trick. Apparently, what the installer is detecting as Safari is actually a Flash plugin running in some app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

click the apple icon in the top left of your mac. click 'force quit'. click on the programmes you need to quit in the box that appears and click 'force quit'. now install abode flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help gents... I had the same trouble. It even failed when force quitting safari. I noticed that other programs (i.e.. pages, numbers, notes, ect. ) were running.  I quit everything and clicked the Adobe installer icon copied to desktop. It finally completed..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

virus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines