• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CP4: How do I apply small caps formatting to a word in a caption?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2010 Aug 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

I need to apply small caps formatting to a word in a caption in Cp4, in adherance to corporate style. How do I do this? No one seems to know, and it seems silly Adobe would leave off such simple functionality.

To be clear, I do not want this: SMALL CAPS

I want this: SMALL CAPS

Much thanks!

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2010 Aug 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome on the forum. Can only offer a workaround: prepare the text in Word (with the small caps) and copy/paste into Captivate.

BTW: if I'm correct this functionality that is very common for text processing software and desktop publishers, is only available in the latest version of Flash (CS5), perhaps it will be there in the next version of CP 

If you find this very important, please fill in a feature request (form is in the main page of these CP-forums)

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2010 Aug 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks

Couldn't this also be achieved by using the Caps lock key to type the text. Then select the first letter of each word and make the font larger?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Begin learning Captivate 5 moments from now! $29.95

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2010 Aug 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lilybiri I submitted a feature request; thanks for providing the workaround, too!

@Captiv8r Thanks; yes, that seems to be the quickest path, currently, to the desired result. However, doing that to individual words within a sentence, and doing that within hundreds of sentences throughout an entire presentation, will take a long time. The style at my company requires this formatting for buttons and tabs (I know, I hate the way it looks, but I can't do anything about it), so it's more than highlighting the whole sentence and adjusting the font of the first letter. I think if MS Office has this, it can't be that hard to engineer.

Thanks again, both of you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2013 Feb 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

While taking a computer class I discovered the answer to your question:

Go to the Home page tab on the ribbon bar tab, then go to the 3rd Aa over (Change Case tab) next to the Font Size tab, then select Capitalize Each Word  tab botton (4th row down). Do this after you've selected the text you want to change. If you're doing it for the entire document, then select all by going into the select  tab next to the Replace  tab.

I hope that's helpful!

PS

I'm not sure this is called small caps...because small capsmight mean all capital letters used. I'm a little confused still on that, but it's all in the same place I believe if you want to change it. Good Luck everyone! and let me know if you find out....otherwise I'll try to update this once I know for 100% certainty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2013 Feb 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, but I think you posted this in the wrong forum, this is a Captivate forum, not a forum about MS applications that have a ribbon. Captivate has no way to use small caps for the moment. And the workaround with copy/paste is not functional anymore in Captivate 6.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources