• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

search word results highlighted

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2007 Jan 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using RoboHelp x4. When a user uses the search function, I would like the particular word they are seaching for to be highlighted on all pages that return results. How do I go about doing this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 02, 2007 Jan 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi flatk

Whether or not you see search term highlighting will depend on the output format you are creating. Unfortunately, we haven't much to go on. RoboHelp exists as basically two products. RoboHelp for Word (where Word is used as your editing environment) and RoboHelp HTML. Each RoboFlavor is capable of producing a variety of ouptut formats. WinHelp, HTML Help, WebHelp, FlashHelp, etc.

Basically, search terms can be highlighted (I believe) in only WinHelp and HTML Help output formats. WebHelp can be coaxed into doing it, but will require modifying the scripting used. I don't believe it's possible in FlashHelp.

And in case you are interested, the forum posting guidelines can be viewed by clicking here.

Sincerely... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2007 Jan 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can write some javascript code to do this but don't know where to put it at. When doing a search in RoboHelp, the page results show in the left column. Where do I put the code to have each one of these pages show the highlighted term when clicked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 05, 2007 Jan 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi flatk,

No need to reinvent the wheel. If you want search highlighting in WebHelp, Peter Grainge has written up how to achieve this. Click here to view the relevant page on Peter's site.

Anne

Edit: Oops. Just noticed that the method Peter describes is for RoboHelp X5 and you are using X4. So maybe this won't be so useful after all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2007 Jan 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It works for X4. Thanks for everyones replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp