Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player will not Install-Mac

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2013 Feb 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The specs of my machine are as follows:Pic@4.png

I was alerted to the need to install a  new flash version a few days ago.  I attempted, and failed, to achieve the install.   Thereafter, I shut down all my security and firewall programs, unistalled all of my previous versions, restarted the computerr, and attempted it again.  I failed again.  And again.  Repeatedly.  I then uninstalled the 11, installed the 10.5, and found none of my websites would accept the out of date flash player.  Now I have no flashplayer, and no way to aquire a new one.

Here is the specifics of what goes wrong: 1) I download the installer: pic1@.jpg

2)I open it: Pic2@.jpeg

3)I Click "Install Adobe Flash Player."  It runs quickly for a second, then brings me to 'my update' preferences.  I selecet the first one, as shown in screenshot.  (Im aware this is unlikely to be relevant, Im just  attempting to be thorough😞  Pic3@.jpeg

4) I Click "next" and the installer begins to run, as a blue progress line crosses the window: PIc4@.jpeg
5) When it reaches the 7% shown (within 2 seconds) it remains there (for roughly 20 seconds).  Then the window cashes, disappearing.  NO error message is shown.  If there was, it would be included.
I have attempted the fix represented in the "troubleshooting" section of the adobe flash program download FRQs page.  It explains that if the installer stalls, I should control click the installer, open the "show contents"selection, and active a sub installer (?) from within.
The Adobe website representation: Pic5@.png
My computer lacks the indicated file.  Instead I have: pic6@.png
I have attempted to open all of the files in 'Contents-Resources.'  No success.
Please Help.  Any assistance would be very much appriciated.  Ive attempted to put every aspect of the problem here as clearly as possible.  I can answer any other questions in the pursuit of success.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2013 Feb 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I have attempted to download from the direct link, found within the trouble shooting page of flash download on adobe's website.   It appeared to work, until I attempted to watch a video, when I continued to get the "blocked plugin" messsage, and safari warning me i needed the newer edition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2013 Feb 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moved to the Installing Flash Player forum, as it's unrelated to the Beta. 

If you haven't done so already, completely uninstall Flash Player, then re-install the latest version of Flash Player:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html

Flash Player main download links:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

Direct Download FAQ:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3854689

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines