Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player won't install on windows 8 using firefox

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2013 Feb 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I had problems with my flash player on windows 8, it kept crashing before any of the videos were loaded and freezing my computer temporarily in the process.

I was advised to uninstall and reinstall flash player, so i uninstalled it and now cannot reinstall it (i can download the installation thing from the website but it won't open).

What should I do to correct this? And please bare with me, I am useless with computers.

Thanks

George

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2013 Feb 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2013 Feb 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly the same issue. 

Windows8  Both firefox 18.0.2 and explorer installed.

I was prompted to uninstall (after flash was crashing firefox) 

Then on trying to reinstall (install_flashplayer11x32_mssa_aih) I was able to download the file.  When I ask it to 'open' it doesn't do anything.

I did on one occasion manage to get it to the 'installing' alert window, but then after letting it sit for a good ten minutes, nothing!

I have also tried installing install_flash_player_10_plugin, and tried intalling from the link provided above. Nothing...

It does show up in 'Task Manager' as a background process but all values are 0%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2013 Feb 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue with uninstalling and reinstalling with Windows 8, firefox and exporer. I used the uninstall tool from Adobe; however when attempting to install the newest version of Flash player, the install would not go past the initial prompt of making changes on the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2013 Feb 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finally got flash to install. 

1 Internet properties > Manage add-ons

2 Find more toolbars & extentions (down the bottom left)

3 Opens http://www.iegallery.com/PinnedSites > did a search for flash and installed from there

It would appear that I couldn't install anything, not just flash.  Tried to install chrome and exactly the same thing happened. 

Instillation above resulted in Norton Autofix opening. "Norton 360 Premier Edition has encountered an error Error:3048,3

Repair:Instillation Result:Success

Norton 360 Premier Edition

1. 20.2.1.22

Error: 3048, 3

Windows 8

1. 9200.16461.amd64fre.win8_gdr.121119-1606

Norton Autofix Results: 1 item(s)

Installation :: Success

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines