• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving from ColdFusion 8 to ColdFusion 10 - Migration Fails

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2013 Jan 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After having made several attempts to migrate from a ColdFusion 8 Standard server to a ColdFusion 10 Standard server, it feels like I am "almost" there. I'm using the 64 bit installer from Adobe's website.

I'm using a Windows Server 2008 (64 bit) server with IIS 7.5.

The installation itself goes smooth and the services start and are running. But at the end of the installation it says "ColdFusion Installed, but with errors" and it generates a log file.

The log file reads:

Migration Error: : Check that "C:\ColdFusion8" is a valid directory and is an installation of either ColdFusion MX 6 or ColdFusionMX 7

and further down says:

Additional Notes: WARNING - Could not migrate settings from previous version of ColdFusion

Custom Action:

com.macromedia.ia.action.MigrateColdFusionAction

Additional Notes: ERROR - class com.macromedia.ia.action.MigrateColdFusionAction NonfatalInstallException null

The applicationHost.config file has new XML referencing the ColdFusion 10 directory, but IIS is still using ColdFusion 8. I'm also going to guess that the settings in the CF Administrator have not been migrated based on the message in the log above.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2013 Feb 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check if your IIS was configured with ColdFusion 8 in 32-bit or 64-bit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2013 Feb 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue you need to remove the handlers for coldfusion 8 from IIS from the ISAPI handlers.

but the issue I have now it coldfuison 10 is stuck on the import of the setting from coldfusion 8

anyone with any suggestion will be helpfull also is appache required for coldfusion 10 to run if I am using IIS

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2013 Feb 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you remove the ColdFusion 8 connector, before you install ColdFusion 10?

You can use either IIS or Apache as per your requirement.

Khiali wrote:

also is appache required for coldfusion 10 to run if I am using IIS

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2013 Feb 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did rename the connectors for the coldfusion 8 added a -old at the end of them so I can rool back to 8 in case of an issue and that worked for me.

but the migration from coldfusion 8 to coldfusion 10 did not work for me and was stuck on the migration page  (restarted coldfusion when you try to login to the admin you get redirected to the waiting page for the migration waited almost 30 min )

so I removed Coldfusion10

and reinstalled it this time I had to skip the migration and just moved the neo-datasource.xml file from the c:/coldfusion8/lib folder to c:/coldfusion10/cfusion/lib

I had to update the passwords for th s db users as for the scheduled task I only had 2 and redid them manualy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation