Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Index Text: "Type the keyword.." and Content Categories

Contributor ,
Feb 12, 2013 Feb 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to change the text, "Type in the keyword to find" which appears when the Index is displayed.

Here's my situtation:

1. I use content categories and have a user, install, and settings guide. Some content is shared and displays in more than one category. Conditional build tags determine where the content displays.
  2. I have 3 TOCs
  3. I have one  index. The index conveniently hides keywords when that keyword does not appear in the displayed content category (I'll call that a book). RH index wizard was absolutely horrible, so I built the index manually and I wasn't going to go through the process three times.
  4. In the generated files, when selecting the Index button on the skin, the reader will view the index corresponding to the book being displayed.  So, when the reader is viewing the user guide, the index contains only those words found in the user guide. When the reader is viewing the install guide and selects the index button, the install index displays.

Issue:

I would like to add the words "User Guide", "Install Guide" and "Settings" to the "Type in the keyword to find" sentence so that it's clear to the reader which index is displayed.

I found the "Type in the keyword to find" text in the output file, whres.xml, but when I change it (in the output files) and refresh my browser I don't see my modification.  I can't perform a global change in the Lng folder because I want 3 different texts to display.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance...!

RH 9.0.2.271, Webhelp

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be in the LNG file. Enjoy scrolling down it. It is no order. This has changed in Rh10.

File > Project Settings > General Tab. (Advanced button)

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply.

But, I don't want to make a global/master change. 

I want the index to display different text based on the book being viewed, so my thought was I needed to modify an output file in each of my 3 books.  My issue is I modified what I thought was the correct file, but I couldn't see the change....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's the second time today I haven't read the question properly. I am off to a darkened room!

In the LNG file, try putting "redrabbit" in place of the standard wording. Post generation use a multifile search tool such as FAR form helpware.net. That should identify which files hold the index text.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as you are generating 3 flavours of help in separate SSL sub-folders, you could edit the .lng file post-generation to match each flavour’s wording

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp