Expand my Community achievements bar.

Beginer in workbench, stuck at the process stage

Level 4

good morning everyone,

I just started playing around with the workbench application and following the tutorial thats available on the Workbench Start page.

I've moved thru it so far rather well but im now entering the tuffer stuff.

I'm following the steps involved in creating a NEW process and i get stuck on the part that the tutorial tells me to choose the "when a user submits a task in workbench" under Configure a Start point. Right now i can't choose it because it's grayed out.

any ideas on what i could look at to fix this so its not grayed out any longer?

Thank you very much for your help, its greatly appreciated you have no idea

3 Replies

Former Community Member

If this is during the wizzard when creating a process, my question is do you own "Process Management" or just other LiveCycle products?

Level 4

I dont own the process management module, i have extended reader and signature blocks, thats it.

Thank you.

Former Community Member

I would guess that is why it is grayed out then since you don't own it.

You probably can still create short lived processes that can be accessed via REST. If a process is initiated through it's REST URL in a browser and returns a Dcoument, that Document will render in the browser. So you can create a Reader Extended PDF that will open in the browser. Submit can also launch another short lived process passing the submitted data or call the same process if you have an optional input variable and a conditional route based on it being submitted. I will admit it probably sounds daunting not having done the stuff requiring Process Management.