• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfinput datefield alignment

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2013 Feb 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen a couple posts about this on a couple different sites/blogs, but no solutions, so I figured I'd post the question myself and see if anyone's come up with any workarounds or alternatives.

I love the functionality of the cfinput type="datefield", but I'm having the common problem that I cannot get it to display inline. For example, I'm working on a calendar, and on the create_event.cfm page, I want to use these inputs for the dates and for repeating event options. The line I'm trying to have on the page is:

Repeat daily until <cfinput type="datefield" name="repeatuntil">

However, when the page loads, because of the <div> tag and css that CF automatically generates, it aligns the datefield to the left, as if it was written like this:

<cfinput type="datefield" name"repeatuntil"> Repeat daily until

Does anyone know a way to override the automatically generated css to get it to display where I want it? If not, does anyone know of a good alternative where I can still have the input field with a poput calendar to choose a date?

Would appreciate any help. Thanks so much!

JAW

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last time I checked, <cfinput type="datefield"> rendered a flash movie which turned me right off.  There are lots of javascript/jQuery options available.  They are easy to find on the net and a lot easier to work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I can’t tell if it’s a flash movie of just a javascript popup (I don’t know enough about either to tell), but I did wonder about just extracting the HTML that coldfusion generates and editing it to fit my needs. Conveniently, the view source option shows you everything it’s doing, so if I experiment more I could probably figure that out. I just figured maybe someone had found an easy workaround that would accomplish the task easily. I’ll explore other options as you mentioned. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The view source will also tell you if your input is html or flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation