• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot get verbose connector logging to work in CF10

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2013 Feb 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 2008 R2 server, using the IIS connector, new CF10 install with all updates applied.  I am following the directions listed here-

http://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/enable-verbose-logging-coldfusion-10.html

I made the change to set log_level = debug in the isapi_redirect.properties file and have restarted the server several times.  However, now nothing is logged in the isapi_redirect.log since that change.  The last log entry is the 'stopping' [info] message.  I have tried settings the log_level value to trace, but that doesn't appear to work either.  When I change the log_level value back to info and restart, logging resumes.

We are attempting to troubleshoot what appears to be a connector issue, where some custom header fields are not available in ColdFusion (Bug #3340564).

Any ideas?  Does the debug level connector logging work for you all?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Feb 13, 2013 Feb 13, 2013

Works for me with log_level=debug . I would not want to run a CF10 IIS environment debug enabled, especially production, for very long as it runs significantly slower. EG with  log_level=info you get 2 lines of log versa 600 lines log_level=debug for the same application CFM load.

Stellar did you follow the CF10 update5 manual step to remove and add the ISAPI tomcat redirector connector?

Update 5 info:
http://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/coldfusion-security-hotfix-apsb12-25.html

HTH, Carl.

PS

I might

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stellar

It should work, the article is correct. Make sure you are using with proper white spaces in the file, do not use any extra spaces.

Also after making changes have you restarted your webserver?

Regards

Swaraj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no extra spaces.  I literally changed "info" to "debug", saved and restarted the server.  That is all.  I've restarted the server several times in fact.

My isapi_redirect.properties file matches what is in the KB doc exactly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works for me with log_level=debug . I would not want to run a CF10 IIS environment debug enabled, especially production, for very long as it runs significantly slower. EG with  log_level=info you get 2 lines of log versa 600 lines log_level=debug for the same application CFM load.

Stellar did you follow the CF10 update5 manual step to remove and add the ISAPI tomcat redirector connector?

Update 5 info:
http://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/coldfusion-security-hotfix-apsb12-25.html

HTH, Carl.

PS

I might add I did log_level=debug on Windows 2003 IIS 6 32 bit not 2008 r2 IIS 7.5 64 bit since I did not have that environment to down for maintenance. While it is still isapi_redirect.dll, there are different files for 32 versa 64 bit so could be a possible difference for it working for me and not for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2013 Feb 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Removing and readding the connector seems to have solved the problem.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thought. Instead of looking at the ISAPI redirector connector log files via debug or info you could enable JMX at the CF / JVM / tomcat worker end and use jconsole (part of JDK) to monitor the tomcat AJP connector. Sometimes seeing things in a graph can be helpful to determine an issue. Again Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation