• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failed to Load XML File

Nov 05, 2012 Nov 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RH 9.

When trying to search for EMC, the result is 'failed to load xml file'. I've tried searching

for other 3 letter words and fewer and have received results. I've also tried searching for

other words in the same sentences that emc is located and have returned with results.

Just getting that error for that one word.

I saw one other person had this error, I think back in January, but he never followed up

on any possible resolution.

Ideas?

Thanks

Doug

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us what your output is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 08, 2012 Nov 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using WebHelp if that's what you mean? Been using that for the past couple of years.

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2012 Nov 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I hope Colum doesn't mind me budging in. This error normally indicates that the WebHelp scripts could not load the XML resource files located in the folder whxdata. Can you check the following:

1. Clear your entire !SSL! folder by hand to make sure it's empty.
  2. Generate your help.
  3. Check that the folder whxdata contains files called 'package_<number>.xml'.

Do you see any of these files? If so, check the search function. Is it working OK?

Are you using merged help or just a single project?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2013 Feb 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Was there ever a final resolution to this thread? I am seeing this same issue in a merged WebHelp file that I have. I am using RoboHelp version 8.02. Some searches work fine and generate results; others generate the Failed to load xml file error. Doesn't seem to be a clear rhyme or reason, although I did get the error when searching on keywords starting with a W (referring to the other thread on this issue).

I tried clearing the !SSL! folder for each of the projects and re-generated each individual help file. Still get the error. The whxdata folders in each output do contain the package files - some have only one (package_0.xml) while others have multiple package files. Anyone know what determines how many of these package files get generated?

Happy to send screen shots if it will help troubleshoot, or is this an issue to take up with Adobe support?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this issue being seen on both the generated and published output? If not, how is the help being opened (i.e. manually via a shortcut, via a CSH call, elsewhere in a product).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be my guest Willam. I tug my forelock in your direction

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp