• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do i download a newer version of Flash player. I have tried 10 times, it says complete..however

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2013 Feb 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I download a new version of flash player.  I have tried 10 times, each time it says complete.  However when I need it on a site, it says I don't have it????????   Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2013 Feb 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the help, but I have already tried several times with no success.  I have reviewed the product & the download process.  It does appear to work & does give me a "completed", however when I check my PC, it is not there.

Thanks anyway - Samantha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Samantha,

How are you checking your system?  It won't show up in your All Programs/Start menu.  What browser are you using?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,   I do not know very much - chuckle....but, In the link they sent me for the download, it lets you check to see if it is loaded on your PC.  Also when I try to open a video, it says, unable to find/open Flash Player.

My browser is Internet Explorer & when I download it from Adobe, it goes through the process & gives me a completed just like it really downloaded it.  However it is not there, on my PC.  Don't know what to do, have tried it many times with the same result. - Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's try running through this FAQ to see if the Player is seen and enabled.

Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your e-mail will NOT be read, it will be automatically "DELETED"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is what I already tried.  The box appeared "BLANK" & that tells me that it is Not on my PC.  Then I go to download it again & go through the process & it completes.  I just go round & round.  So I don't know how to resolve my issue. - Thx, Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,   Here is an example of how I know it is not loaded on my PC....  Yet I have tried to load it now about 25 times & each time it shows me a Complete/Finished.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try going into the Manage Add Ons dialog in Internet Explorer?  If so, was the Shockwave Flash add on not found?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is there, so now what?  Should I try to download it again?  Can I try it another way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it enabled?  Do you have ActiveX filtering disabled?

ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG!!  Chris,  Thank You, Thank You, Thank You...I don't really know what happened, but I just reloaded it again & Bingo...it worked.  Thank you so much - Samantha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!  Glad to hear you got it working.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a similar problem than sam6sam had except that I'm on Safari. After the Mountain Lion security update I did last Friday, I had to update Flash. I installed .149, deinstalled, restarted, reinstalled .149 about 2 dozens times and it didn't work. Yesterday I saw that you had .167 and thought "finally they will have fixed this issue". After doing the same deinstall restart and install routine another dozen time, I give up! 

I've followed all the instructions on this page:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html 

and this page:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5067997#5067997

and this page:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

and still nothing.

It looks like it's installed. When I go into System Preference Flash Player shows "Plug-in version 11.6.602.167 is installed.", yet when I want to see a flash video it tells me that I don't have the software and need to install it. My Safari Preferences allow for Pop-up and Enable Plug-in. My "open 'safe' files after downloading" is clicked.

I've search all of Adobe, Apple and other geeky website's "help" area, and nothing I tried worked, including the "sudo" commands in the terminal (the answer to this one is "command not found").

I'm really frustrated by this. There is certainly something that I overlooked, but I cannot figure it out. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto...I was so frustrated, I just kept on going around in a circle.  Today (thank goodness) someone respond to me, his name was Chris Campbell.  I tried several of his suggestions & still it didn't work! 

Then Bingo the last 2 suggestions worked & I now have the lastest Flash Player loaded & I can open all the videos now with no error message.  Not sure if we have the same problem but I think what fixed mine was I had something "Disabled".  Chris had me go into my Manage add ons under Adobe & there it was.  So I enabled it & then tried to reload the player & it worked.  Sorry I can't share more info, but I know very little about PC's & software.  I'm sure Chris could help you. - Samantha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2013 Feb 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I finally got it to work this morning. I've done the same steps a million times and went through all the maneouvres I read I had to do and it didn't work. This morning it did! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2013 Feb 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines