• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nook error message "user not activated"

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2013 Feb 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently downloaded Adobe Digital Editions so I could check out ePub books from my library. At that time I authorized my computer and my NOOK. I recently checked out a book from the library and downloaded it to my NOOK. The device says that the book is there but I keep getting "Error Dialog: User not Activated". I also just tried a sample book from the Adobe site and got a similar message. I downloaded a sample book a couple weeks ago when I first downloaded Digital Editions and have had no problems with that book. How do I reactivate my apparently inactive account?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2013 Feb 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to contact Adobe Support either by chat or via phone when you have serial number and activation issues.

Here are some links to help make contact:

http://www.adobe.com/support/chat/ivrchat.html

http://www.adobe.com/support/download-install/supportinfo/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2013 Feb 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Digital Editions forum.

It sounds like your Nook has not been authorized.  Which operating system are you using?  If you right click on the Nook within Adobe Digital Editions are you given the option to authorize the device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 14, 2013 Feb 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try these steps, hope it works for you.

1. Connect Nook device to your computer.

2. Open the device files on your computer.

3. Move the ".adobedigitaleditons" folder to desktop and delete from your device.

4. Safely eject the device and close Digital Editons if you have opened.

5. Launch Digital Editions (ADE) , connect Nook.

6. Re-check if the Nook is Authorized.

7. Try transferring the Ebooks to your Nook and check if you are able to view them on your Nook device.

Regards,

Yuvraj.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2013 May 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you get the "User not Activated" error there is no need to carry out these extensive and time consuming fixes.  Just:

1)  Plug your Nook into your computer

2)  Open Adobe Digital Editions and make sure you can see your Nook above the Bookshelves

3)  Select the Settings icon just above it and choose "Activate"

After doing all this I was completely restored - even the current page in the book I had side-loaded and was part way through reading was still correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't see my Nook.  How do I get it to show up in ADE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines