• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTMLHelp word count

Participant ,
Jan 08, 2007 Jan 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to nail down a word count for a series of merged HTML Help chms. I couldn't find a report in RoboHelp that could accomplish that, does anyone have a creative trick to get this done? Or should I just generate a large Word doc?

Thanks for any ideas.

//Lucas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2007 Jan 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lucas and welcome to our community. You've got the answer without us. There is no way within RH to do a word count. If you generate a word document from each CHM, copy and paste the content into a single document and use MS Word's word count facility you'll get what you want. There is no other easy way to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
To simplify Colum's suggestion: Generate a Word document from each CHM, run the word count feature on each .doc file, and use a calculator to come up with the total

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lucas,

There are a few word count software packages out there.
For example, http://www.anycount.com/wordcounting_software/word_count/html_htm_word_count.htm
24 Euros - you can't buy an abacus for that price these days :-)

The above even claims to count the words in a .chm file.
http://www.anycount.com/wordcounting_software/word_count/chm_word_count.html

Good luck
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for help. I'll probably go the Word route, the count is more out of curiosity than anything.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp