• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicate Topics

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2007 Jan 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Project where topics are duplicated throughout the entire project. Periodically these pieces of documentation are updated. How can I update one topic so the updates will copy down to the remaining duplicate topics? Currently I have to go into each topic and make the applicable changes.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "duplicate topics?" I assume you mean a portion of a topic is duplicated in another topic. This reusable text can be saved in a single topic an inserted as an inline frame or saved as a text file and read into each topic with a script. Let us know also if you are using WebHelp or have a compiled .chm file because the scripting could be different.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This is a bit of a tangent, but note that you don't have to create separate topics with duplicate information. For example, let's assume that your Help system contains two books based on the two modules available in your software: Module A and Module B. Your books might be set up like this:

BOOK A:
* About Module A
* Feature A-1
* Feature A-2

BOOK B:
* About Module B
* Feature B-1
* Feature B-2

If you want to add the "About Module A" topic to Book B, simply open the TOC tab, click Book B, click the new page icon, enter a TOC title for the new page, and select the "About Module A" topic from your topic list. So you could end up with this layout for Book B:

* About Module B
* Feature B-1
* Feature B-2
* About Module A

Or you could end up with this:

* About Module B
* Feature B-1
* Feature B-2
* Additional Information (which has a different TOC title but still loads the "About Module A" topic)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp